BELLEVILLE-NUTLEY, NJ – There’s no shortage of things to do in or near Belleville to get the winter holiday season off to a good start.
Christmas and Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights, intersect this year, with Hanukkah running December 18-26. Christmas happens on December 25, but you don’t have to wait to take in all the Christmas festivities. sights and sounds of the holiday.
Belleville will hold a winter festival and Christmas tree lighting event on Saturday, December 10. The event also includes train rides, music, food, a bouncy castle, a candy maze, face painting and pictures with Santa. Read more: Belleville will hold winter party 2022, Christmas tree lighting event
Here are a few other events near Belleville that are worth checking out:
- A holiday tradition in Nutley returns in 2022 for its 60th year. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive to town by helicopter at the Park Oval on Friday, November 25 at 2pm (gates open at 1pm). Nearly 4,000 people attend the event each year, according to the Nutley Chamber of Commerce. Read more: Santa Claus Is Coming To Nutley (And He’s Taking A Helicopter)
- In Bloomfield, local business owners and the Bloomfield Center Alliance will welcome shoppers to Bloomfield Center to participate in the third annual Holiday Hunt event on Saturday, November 26, which will include music, activities and awards. Read more: Family-friendly holiday event in Bloomfield returns for 2022
- A popular winter village with ice skates, go-karts and heated “igloos” returns for the 2022 holiday season in Newark. Read more: Newark ‘Winter Village’ has ice skating, heated igloos, shops
- An “immersive drive-thru Christmas light show” returns to Newark for 2022. Dasher’s Lightshow reopens Friday, November 25 at the Newark Moonlight Cinema, 220 Orange Street. It runs until Saturday 31 December and is open seven days a week from 5pm, with last entry at 10.30pm Read more: Drive-Thru Christmas Light Extravaganza returns to Newark
- In Montclair, the city’s annual tree lighting event returns on Thursday, December 1 at 6 p.m. on Church Street. The event will have activities for kids, a giant snow globe, an inflatable candy track, holiday characters, an acapella singing group, and of course, Santa Claus and Mrs. Santa will make a special visit,” the organizers said. Read more: Montclair Holiday Tree Lighting returns for 2022
- In West Orange, revelers can see Santa at the West Orange Christmas Tree Lighting on Saturday, December 3. Kids can also visit Santa at the popular “Holiday Lights Spectacular” at the Turtle Back Zoo, which runs through Saturday, December 31. Read more: Popular Christmas lighting show returns to Turtle Back Zoo in 2022
- Each year, workers light thousands of Christmas lights in Millburn’s Taylor Park so people can take a “Winter Walk” among them. This Sunday, November 20, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., the annual winter walk with carnival and lighting is planned. After that, people can walk through the park until January 15, illuminated by thousands of lights. Read more: Winter walk among thousands of lights in Essex County through January 15
- More than 50 years ago, toymaker Ernie Camuso built a beloved holiday light show in Livingston. As organizers prepare for the reopening, some events have been announced.
The screening usually runs from early December through New Year. Read more: Events announced for Major Livingston Holiday Display
This article contains reporting from the nationwide desk Patch
Send local news tips and correction requests to [email protected] Read more about advertising on Patch here. Learn how to post announcements or events on your local Patch site.