Hey, we understand we’re a craft beer site…but don’t pretend you don’t have a favorite Thanksgiving side dish you can’t live without.
This is the deal…
Online career site Zippia has released a map of people’s favorite Thanksgiving sides by state. Their research was hardly rocket science, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t stupidly fun.
In fact, Zippia used Google keyword trends to find the favorite of over 20 traditional side dishes and ranked foods coming in at #1
- Mashed potatoes are the favorite of 10 states. (How come we’re not surprised?)
- Just behind the mashed potatoes is mac n’ cheese (we had thought about stuffing.)
- While most states are reaching for the carbs, Maine went with the salad and should we ask WTF?
- The Midwest is all about stews, especially green bean stews.
- In Alabama, stuffing isn’t called stuffing, but “dressing” down there.
- Only New Hampshire is a big fan of cranberry sauce, even Massachusetts, where most cranberries are grown, went with stuffing.
- Cookies. Sandwiches. Crescent roll. Forget the pretty sides, warm bread rules!
- 47 states went with carbs. Only 3 went with vegetable and we bet those dishes are drenched in grease.
Favorite Thanksgiving side dish by state
|Alaska||Hash brown casserole|
|Arizona||Green bean dish|
|Delaware||Mac and cheese|
|District of Colombia||Mac and cheese|
|Florida||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Georgia||Mac and cheese|
|Idaho||Green bean dish|
|Maryland||Mac and cheese|
|Michigan||Green bean dish|
|Mississippi||Baked Sweet Potatoes|
|Nebraska||Green bean dish|
|New Mexico||Green bean dish|
|North Carolina||Mac and cheese|
|North Dakota||Mashed potatoes|
|Ohio||Green bean dish|
|south carolina||Mac and cheese|
|south dakota||Half Moon Scrolls|
|Tennessee||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Texas||Green bean dish|
|Virginia||Mac and cheese|
Happy Thanksgiving from the American Craft Beer crew… Now back to beer.