After a late night on Wednesday and Thanksgiving on Thursday, Indiana returns to work on a short halftime break on Friday with an early afternoon game against Jackson State at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
It’s an early game, starting at 12:30 PM ET, and will be the last of three games in the Hoosier Classic for Indiana. The No. 11 Hoosiers are 5-0, and Jackson State, from Jackson, Miss., is 0-4. Indiana is a 26.5 point favorite over the Tigers according to SISportsbook.com, and the over/under is 143.5.
The two teams met in this event last year and Indiana won 70-35. The game can be seen on the Big Ten Network. Here’s all the details on how to watch, along with our preview of the game. CLICK HERE
Indiana played in its first four games this season, but failed to do so in Wednesday-evening’s 86-67 victory over Little Rock. The Hoosiers, playing starless Tracye Jackson-Davis (back), and junior guards Trey Galloway (knee) and Anthony Leal, won by just 19 points despite being 29.5 point favorites.
Indiana coach Mike Woodson said all three game time decisions will be on Friday. Rest could win as the Hoosiers have a huge game with No. 1 ranked North Carolina in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday night in Bloomington. We will update this story about an hour before game time. Stay tuned to HoosiersNow.com for all our great game day coverage.
Here’s what Indiana has done so far:
Indiana by the numbers
- Indiana overall record: 5-0
- Indiana Total vs Spread: 4-1
- Indiana home record: 3-0
- Indiana Home vs Spread: 2-1
- Indiana road record: 1-0
- Road in Indiana vs. Spread: 1-0
- Indiana neutral court: 1-0
- Neutral court in Indiana vs. dispersal: 1-0
Indiana vs. the Spread
Here’s what Indiana has been up to this season, straight up and against the spread::
- November 7 – Defeat Morehead state 88-53 as 24.5 point favorite (Won)
- November 10 – Defeat Bethune Cookman 101-49 as 32.5 point favorite (Won)
- November 18 — Won at Xavier 81-79 as 1.5 point favorite (Won)
- November 20 – Defeat Miami of Ohio 86-56 as 27.5 point favorite at Indianapolis (Won)
- November 23 – Defeat Small stone 86-67 as 29..5 point favorites (lost)
Jackson State vs. the Spread
Jackson State is 0-4 on the season, losing all four road games. But they are 3-1 on the spread, with the only non-cover coming against Little Rock, the team beating Indiana by just one point on Wednesday. Here’s what Jackson State did this season, straight and against the spread::
- November 7 — Lost at Abilene Christian 65-56 as 16.5 point underdogs (Won)
- November 12 — Lost at tulsa 82–71, as 12.5 point underdogs (Won)
- November 20 — Lost at Little Rock 94-91 as 2-point underdogs (lost)
- November 23 — Lost at Michigan 78-68 as 22-point underdogs (Won)